Welcome to Scott's Website
Hello, my name is F Scott Dahlgren. I am a PhD student at Georgia State University. Also, I work full time as an Associate Service Fellow for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. I recieved my BS in Chemsitry from Georgia Tech in 2004. I also recieved my MSPH in Epidemiology from Emory in 2009.
I am working with my adviser Dr. Hein van der Holst on problems in discrete mathematics.
Here are my publications as a fellow:
- Refereed Publications
- Jillian Zientek, F. Scott Dahlgren, Jennifer H. McQuiston,and Joanna Regan. “Self-Reported Treatment Practices by Healthcare Providers Could Lead to Death from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.” The Journal of Pediatrics 2014 164:416–416
- Arianne M. Folkema, Robert C. Holman, F. Scott Dahlgren, James E. Cheek, and Jennifer H. McQuiston. “Epidemiology of Ehrlichiosis and Anaplasmosis among American Indians in the United States, 2000–2007” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2012 87:529-537
- F. Scott Dahlgren, Robert C. Holman, Christopher D. Paddock, Laura S. Callinan, and Jennifer H. McQuiston. “Fatal Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in the United States, 1999–2007” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2012 86:713–719
- F. Scott Dahlgren, Ramal Moonesinghe, and Jennifer H. McQuiston. “Race and Rickettsiae: A United States Perspective” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2011 85:1124–1125
- F. Scott Dahlgren, Eric J. Mandel, John W. Krebs, Robert F. Massung, and Jennifer H. McQuiston. “Increasing incidence of Ehrlichia chaffeensis and Anaplasma phagocytophilum in the United States: 2000–2007” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2011 85:124–131
- Non-Refereed Publications
- Suzanne R. Todd, N. Drexler, A. Brock, F. Dahlgren, L. Adams, E. Weiss, T. Shelhamer, S. Piontkowski, J. Francies, K. Komatsu, M. Miller, J. Gerding, J. McQuiston. “Extreme Rodeo: Results of a Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever Intervention Project — Eastern Arizon, 2012.” EIS 2013 Conference
- Laura E. Adams, A. Brock, F. Dahlgren, S.R. Todd, E. Weiss, T. Shelhamer, S. Piontkowski, J. Francies, K. Komatsu, M. Miller, J. Gerding, J. Bisgard, J. McQuiston. “Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices Regarding Dog Ownership and Tick Control on an American Indian Reservation Arizon, 2012.” EIS 2013 Conference
- Kristina M. McElroy, L. Carpenter, M. Lancaster, J. McQuiston, T. Ngo, S Dahlgren, J. Dunn. “Practices regarding treatment of Rocky Mountain spotted fever among healthcare providers — Tennessee, 2009” EIS 2010 Conference
Please send me any questions or comments to my e-mail. Here is some information about my website.
/ Who controls the past controls the \
| future. Who controls the present |
| controls the past. |
\ -- George Orwell /